This course will provide participants with an introduction to fraud. Fraud can exploit many facets of both business and our personal lives. Having a clear understanding of fraud and its impact is integral to developing robust and effective anti-fraud program.
The course will contain practical examples from real life cases as well as what red flags to look out for.
- Sean Theron, Principal, Advisory Services, KPMG - Sean has over 15 years of cross border experience in data handling and analysis, the majority of which has been focused on eDiscovery and computer forensics.
- Brid Verling, Senior Manager, Advisory Services, KPMG - Brid has over 10 years of cross border experience in forensic, risk and regulatory compliance.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the definition of fraud
- Understand the different types of fraud
- Quantify the impact of fraud on individuals, businesses and the global economy
- Understand why fraud occurs, who commits fraud and what motivates this behavior
- Understand the red flags associated to an individual who may commit fraud
- Understand how technology and weak controls affect the risk of the individuals committing the fraud
Following the training, join us at Abacus for networking hosted by the Accountants in Business Committee.
Who should attend:
This course is tailored to those at the manager and below level who would like to obtain a basic understanding of fraud and forensics.
Cost: CIIPA Member: KYD $50
Non-member: KYD $60
- Due to cost incurred, no refunds will be issued without notifying us (at least 24 hours prior to the event). If you wish to send someone in your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When attending ANY training, please be sure to sign in to be able to receive your CPD certificate.